Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, August 10, 2014

He's Staying Put for Now...

This is a short, but awesome email.  Looks like he is staying.  Unheard of by the sounds of it. I chatted back and forth with him because it was my lunch hour and he was so excited to be able to stay in this area.  He loves these people so much and the feeling is very obvious that it is mutual.  I also received a letter from Sister Swapp that I will include.  I had thanked her for a letter we had received from the mission secretary letting us know that Stetson had been made a District Leader, it is worth putting in his book.  Enjoy...

Well this letter will be a little short, but it was an excellent week, we had the baptism of Norma, Juan Antonio and Lesly. They were a reference from a menos activo...sweet but yeah. So, we started teaching them back in April, with my other comp, and Norma, had always asked we does our church have so much opposition, or why do people always talk bad about our church, she told us straight up that she was looking for the true church, she had been to many churches, and had heard from many others, including the infamous Testigos de Jehovah..oh man, don't get me started. but yeah, so their conversion story is a good one, they faced some difficulty from neighbors, including cursing their house with the Santa Muerte!! but don't worry we blessed the house. but the baptism went very well, I think the coolest part is that we had Samuel, our recent convert baptize with us! Sweet no? They were confirmed yesterday and Lesly, the little girl, gave her testimony in front of everyone!! It was a cool experience and I am thankful for this opportunity to have taught them. They are a wonderful family and very humble. There are changes tonight! but I just found out we are both staying. I honestly have never heard of this long with a comp in this mission, but I am happy. We have two changes together, and will have one more. I am grateful! Well, it turns out this letter is a little long, but whatever. I love you all, and am glad to see that the camp out went well!! les amo muchismo!

--
Elder Clayton

Baptism of 3! We baptized three, and our new convert, Samuel baptized!! :) I baptized Norma, in the middle, Clements baptized Juan Antonio and Samuel baptized Lesly the little girl. 

 con jose manuel!





On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM, <claytonmom@comcast.net> wrote:

My husband and I, parents of Elder Stetson Clayton received an email a couple of days ago from the mission secretary of Elder Clayton's new assignment of now serving as a District Leader.  I just want to tell you thank you for having that elder send such a wonderful and thoughtful letter.  Our son had told us of his new calling, and yet in his humble way did not give much other than he has a few other assignments.  As we have had another missionary out, as well as my husband serve, they informed me of the duties as they have had that responsibility given to them as well.

I just wanted to thank you for all you do for our missionaries as they are serving.  I look so forward each week as he writes home and tells of his journey/adventure and watch as his love grows even deeper and more for these people.  He loves them so much and he continues to tell me how quickly his time is going.  I have to disagree a bit.  However I know that a big piece of his heart will remain there and I don't want to wish it away for him.  By the pictures he sends, he does not need to write much to let me know that he is doing exactly what he was sent there to do.  We are so proud of him and will continue to pray for him, as well as all the missionaries in what we feel is the #1 mission in the church:  The Mexico Monterrey West Mission.

As a mom, I could not ask for better people to be watching out for our  son.

Sincerely, your faithful sister,


Tammy Clayton Ü

Thanks so much for your kind words.  We do work hard  after all we owe it to these young men and women that work so hard every day.  Your son´s smile brightens my day when ever I see him.  We do love him.  One more thing.  Elder Clayton says he is related to Kathy Burningham.  When we were first married we lived in the Bountiful 14 ward.  Kathy was the Primary President and I was called as a counselor.  She was older and wiser and always smiling even though I knew that life wasn´t that easy for her.  I had many changes in my life at that time and it wasn´t easy for me either so she was my shining bright hope in what seemed to be so very  hard.
I dearly loved her not sure she knew the importance she was in my life at that time.  If you see her will you tell her for me.
Thanks so much.

Love Jayne Swapp 

No comments:

Post a Comment