Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

This week's letter is way too short, but the best thing is he was able to have my good friend who lives in Vegas meet up with him.  She emailed me and asked what he likes and she said he was too busy, but took dinner to him and his companion.  It was BBQ'd chicken, fruit, and chocolate cake and he said they treated him so great.  Which I wasn't surprised.  He is liking it there, but as we watch the weather reports it is saying it is about 111-125 there; which is crazy.  I can't wait to hear from him tomorrow and see what he says about the heat.  He never complains, which really is his character.  Yesterday it's been one month since he started this journey so he is still actually ahead of schedule.  We pray everyday his Visa arrives, and wait patiently.  With faith it will come, who knows, maybe there is someone who is waiting for Stetson in Vegas.  Perhaps this is the week they will meet.  Enjoy...

Hello Family!!

Another week in Vegas down. So it was kind of a long week, but it was good. Happy early Birthday to Caleb and Dad soon! Caleb is going to be driving and that is loko. it was soo good to see Trina and her husband. I didn't realize that they had our old kitchen table! Remember the bench side I always sat on? Funny how things go. So we eat dinner with members just about every night. We have had El Pollo Loco two nights, super hot soup, pizza, lots and lots of tortillas and we had tacos another night. It is hard to think and type as fast as I can. I love the area too, there are people from all over. We teach so many people from Veracruz, Mexico. Like every other person you ask where they are from, and they say Veracruz. It is pretty funny. Also a lot of people are from Cuba!! ask bridger how they speak, they are hard to understand and I get lost when they speak. but they are all cool. one Cuban I am convinced was involved with the bay of pigs. He has a AK-47 and showed us... so that is Vegas for you. Everyday is not the same. We see the most random stuff everyday too. so it is always exciting. The Spanish is coming along, in mexico and in time it will get better. Love all of you!

--
Elder Clayton

Mom! hello, loved your letter and sounds like you had a fun week with everything that went on. It was so good to see Trina, she and her husband were so nice and the food was well received. We are always hungry and tired but we always survive. she said she is going to take us somewhere too! I gotta re pay her in the future. She was so nice to both of us, thanks for having so many friends haha., I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone in Monterrey that didn't know Tammy Burningham. That is how most people know you haha. "Are you Tammy Burninghams son" just about once a week someone would ask at Salt City. Thanks for everything mom. love you so much


--
Elder Clayton

Here is my response to him when he sent that nice email.  I was so grateful to my friend for taking care of him and his companion.

I hope that is one thing that  I have taught you pal, you can not be too nice.  It always comes back to you.  I may not have all the riches in the world, but I have been blessed with more friends than I can count and for that I am grateful.  I love you son.  You make me proud.  Have a great week. And I knew she would take good care of you, that's her way.

Love you,  MOM



No comments:

Post a Comment