Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Thursday, September 18, 2014

His Package Arrives in 14 Days...Unbelievable!

This week it was so great to get his email and see that he is doing so well.  This is an answer to our prayers as you will see that things are progressing and he is exactly where he should be.  His email was coming in right as I was leaving for lunch so I was able to chat back and forth to him.  As I was sitting and reading in Robintinos and he was telling me he received the box that I had sent of things he had wanted of just basically treats for all these people he loves so much, it took only 14 days to get to him.  That is insane.  They never get there so fast.  I told him, I had prayed so hard for it to get there before he was moved as I knew his time was drawing near that he could be changed.  He said that after the baptism of Katherine he felt that his time in this area could be done.  So, with tears running down my cheeks the waitress asked me if everything was ok.  And, I said, yep, it's perfect!  Enjoy, it's another great one!

Hola Familia y amigos! I wrote just last wednesday, but so much has happened since then, First I want to say the story about Sister O´leary is super cool and I know missionares are protected, I am glad she is okay and everything is good. Well, on Friday we had a ward party of Dia de Independencia de Mexico! it was super fun and we had 5 investigatores go to the party to know more of the members! I brought my Serape from Jose Manuel and my mask from another Hermana haha. Everyone loved it and it was a good time, on saturday we woke up super early to go to a dentist appointment for my comp, so at 8 we arrived at his house after an hour and half of traveling and his mission call had arrived! He is just filling in the place of Elder Clements for 3 weeks, so it was fun to open up his mission call, he is going to Brazil! Rio de Jaienero, so he will be able to speak 3 languages! That was fun, oh and it was raining alll day! and the streets just turn in to rivers, no joke like 2 feet of water everywhere- so we got super wet and then got back to our area, ate the food with the member, went back to our house and then to the baptism!! It was an amazing baptism, I am grateful because the Adultos Soleteros, helped us out alot with the progam and made itvery special. I had the privelege to baptise Katherin in the same place as her father and then she was confirmed yesterday. She has great support from the ward and she will be a very strong member. Oh and she already invited a friend yesterday to church! Everything started from just one contact on April 16th! That was a very long time ago, that day we talked to her and gave her a folleto to read and never heard anything back until her Grandma called us with the number we had given her on the back of the folleto!  Ahora, estamos trabajando con su madre para ser bautizada!! :) Estoy muy agradecido por esta obra, y por esta opurtunidad estar aqui en esta area. Yo se que el Señor me conoce y como misioneros somos instrumentos, siendo guidados a encontrar los personas que han sido preparados. Les amo muchísimo, cuidense!!

Elder Clayton 

A funny thing happened 3 days ago, we were walking and we were about to to another way, but there was a lady walking with a little girl and I felt like we should talk to her, and I am glad we did. As we were talking to her, turns out they are from Honduras, her and her husband and two kids, she then told me she was from Progreso, an area where Bridger had been. I got excited, showed her a picture of Bridger Caleb and I at the homecoming and my jersey of Honduras. then we passed by yesterday and just her two kids were there, Kelvin. who is 11, thought I was Bridger!! It made my heart swell, to meet a kid in the middle of mexico that had played football with my brother in Honduras. Just the craziest thing. I showed him the photo again, and he thought I was Bridger because Bridger and him, and other Elders played soccer together in the church in Progreso. Small world! Now we are going to start to teach them, it is a sad story why they are here, but the Gospel will help them.


 My comp got his mission call so, we went to his house and opened it up!! 
 He is going to Rio De Jainero Brazil!

This is the boy that played soccer with Bridger in Honduras, this is not coincidence, He is truly in charge of all His children.

 Baptism of Katherine! 


 I am certain her father was there to witness the baptism of his daughter.  Well done Elder Clayton!




1 comment:

  1. My son, Elder Parkes, has been serving with Elder Clayton in this area. He is the goofy one in the blue tie sticking his tongue out. (Why?!) Anyway, I have a really nice picture that I would love to send you of the two of them at the baptism. If you email me- I will send it to you. landmparkes@msn.com.

    ReplyDelete