Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Filling the Chapels & Karaoke

These are emails you hope for. He is doing so well and as I am reading this I see the chapels are starting to fill and are seeing the light I countenance as well as his companion and they want it too. I love that he has asked us to pray for them I have told him many times. That's all we can do here is pray and this time he sends there names. Love, love, love this weeks email. So will you!  Enjoy....

Hello family! So this week was a super good one. It has been stressful but really good. Elder Clements and I have been working really hard to find new people and we have found quite a bit. On Tuesday a pretty weird story but a miracle occurred. So I sent a picture of me and my comp and two people a daughter of about 20 years and her dad with a mustache, and one of an abuelita, or grandma. So the grandma, she lives in my old area, which is super far away. The girl, of 20 years, lives in my area and I contacted her a month ago, gave her a folleto and our number. Remember that, that is key. We returned to see her, because I felt like she would progress, I invited her to church and everything but she wasn't there the two times we went so we didn't think she was interested. So on Tuesday, I was with Elder Biggs, I get a call from an unknown number and it is her!! I remembered her name and she said that her abuelita is a member of our church and she wants to talk with me. So it turns out this is her granddaughter and her son! Her son, who is about 55 has cirrhosis of the liver and is very sick. But he asked for a blessing and we went over and started teaching him and gave him a blessing. He wants to change and they came to church!!!! So its just crazy how things turn out. The abuelita was there on Tuesday, and it was good to see her and all. She was happy to see me and even happier to see her son and granddaughter being taught by us. So they came to church and they are going to progress bien chido. I was in awe how everything came to be. So basically, I contacted her a while ago, nothing happened but she still had our number and then she called us. These are signs to me telling me I am here for a reason. It was pretty cool. Also, Sara, Juany and the gang are still progressing but we are having a little bit of problems with the husbands. One is a member, and hasn't been forever, but Sara and Juany want to be baptized, have a testimony, they know this gospel is the best thing for their families but the husbands say no. So please pray for them!!! We want to see them be baptized, I have known them for now 2 months and they have changed so much, it is really cool. So that was my week, it was super sweet. Love you all!! Oh and a scripture I liked from this week. Mosiah 5:2 It reminds me of investigators that we don't change them, we change their hearts to do good. Love you all!

--
Elder Clayton

I am far from the Centro de la Ciudad
 La familia Torrez, they are members.
 Karaoke with his new companion, Elder Clements
 Elder Biggs & Elder Clayton

 Elder Biggs, Sara, (investigator) and Elder Clayton
Elder Clayton, Samuel, Cynthia & Elder Clements (Investigators)
 Right now we have a ton of investigators and the sweet thing is that they are all going to church!!! We had 6 yesterday, and hope to have 10 or 11 this next Sunday! I will tell you all a lot more in my letter.

This is the granddaughter of the hermana he talks about in his email.  Such a great story.

 This hermana is from my old area in Mitras and her granddaughter and her son is in that picture I just sent where I am with my comp. It is a really cool story.
 
I missed last weeks, I think I forgot to hit update:  Here it is...

Hello everyone! Well we had some pretty crazy changes in the mission here in San Bernabe! So Elder Perez left on Friday night and Elder Clements from Rexburg came with me back to my area. He is a fairly new missionary here and I am going to finish his training. He only has one change in the mission, so it will be fun to train a little bit more. We have 6 people with a date, and we are working hard with all 6 of them to keep them progressing. All 6 went to church, 4 of them are Juany, Sara, Alejandra e Arturo. I am excited for this next few weeks for them, so I will keep you updated. President Swapp met them, and he wants to come to their baptism, so that will be super good. Not much has changed since Wednesday, just my companion. He is really excited to work, and we will get pictures for next Monday to send. I didnt take to many this last week, sorry about that. Oh and mom spoke yesterday, so did I! I talked to the members how they can invite neighbors and friends to the church. It went alright, and church was good. Today we hung out with Elder Biggs and Elder Sevilla and are just relaxing, but this week that comes up we are going to be working really hard and its going to get hotter and hotter. Talk to you all soon, Love you soo much! 

--
Elder Clayton


 Elder Perez & their spaghetti dinner
 Monterrey in the evening
 Making new friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment