Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Riding in a Taxi & Oh Rats!!!

 This week's email is great, and a little funny because we have been discussing rats in our neighborhood, too.  What makes the rats in his area a Mexican one, do they perhaps wear a sombrero?  We will have to ask them.  Oh, how it would have been fun to be a fly on the wall and see them try to get it out of their apartment.  He sound great however and as you can see they are doing great things in their new area.  And the world is small, even in Mexico.  Enjoy...
 
Hello Family! This week was another good one from Santa Catarina, we will be having a baptism this next Sunday of the Hermana Edna, she is super excited and we found her about 3 weeks ago, and has progressed very well and is ready! We are excited for that, and for the opportunity we have to teach her. Oh man!! This last week I forgot to tell you, but we had a freaking huge Mexican Sewer rat in our house one morning. I think just the dirtiest thing you could basically have in your house, it came out of the pipe in the shower and was just waiting for my comp to enter, and when Elder Wells entered the rat ran out!! haha and we had a battle that ended with me hitting it with a broom and finding a blood trail that ended and we still haven't found it, but we are pretty sure that it escaped out the door...but it gave us quite the scare. I love this area and am thankful to be here, I love the zone, its doing alright, kind of struggling because there are 7 missionaries in training, but they are all excited to be here. A new Elder came to the zone who is from Morgan Utah, but lived in Layton up until his junior year and he knew Tanner Burningham, I thought that was pretty funny! All he could remember is tanners red hair and that he ran track. The world is super small. Oh and I received 2 letters from my last area, one  from Katherin that she has a calling and she is doing well and another from Carmen, that her cancer has ended. I was shocked when she wrote that. Her letter made me very happy and I couldn't believe that her cancer had ended! They were working on getting married then being baptized. oh and in I think about 3 weeks, there is stake conference so with Elder Gomez, we will see our converts in the barrio de Mitras!! We are excited and he is doing well. I am glad that everyone had a sweet UEA weekend and everyone's happy. I love you all!! 
--
Elder Clayton



These investigatores have a friend in DF as a missionary and they are from Torreon. Super cool people

I always wanted my picture in a taxi, so I got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment