Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sending His Trainer Home...

This week we didn't get much in an email as he is sending his trainer/companion home.  Elder Erwin lives in Provo so we are excited to actually meet him at his homecoming whenever that will be.  I spoke with his dad on Monday and he didn't know when it was.  Strange, but we will anxiously wait for the word.  Stetson said he sent something home with him for us which is even more exciting.  He looks so good and happy.  I have told him as we chatted a little back and forth through email that I pray for his safety and happiness as he finds souls to teach.  That is all I can ask.  As he sends pictures, it seems as if my prayers are answered.  He didn't say much so again I will include my email and then his response, feel free to skip to the end to read his, or see the pictures...I'm not offended.

Here is what he said to me last week...

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM, <claytonmom@comcast.net> wrote:
Hello Pal.  As I am typing this, I am sitting on the couch in the TV room, listening to Sounds of Sunday, listening to the wind blow as a cool breeze is blowing and I find myself wondering, what you must be doing at this exact moment.  It's been a pretty quiet weekend.  Dad, Bridger and Caleb all left for Bear Lake on Friday to go Dove, Grouse and Chucker hunting.  I believe they will go fishing, too.  I, didn't want to sit at the cabin all weekend and be bored so I opted to stay here.  And, it's been a great, productive weekend.  On Friday, I went to Berven's pool with Joanie and Lynette to try and get in some last Summer sun and try to keep the tan as long as I can.  Saturday, I caught up on laundry, cleaning and just stuff.  But, it was good.  Then Ann Woodbury had a game night that brought a few couples together to play games.  It was really fun.  We laughed hard.  I even bought a couple of them and we will try them at FHE this week.

I did go shopping and get a couple of fun chairs for the front porch.  I will send you a picture of them and see what you think.  I have actually watched them at the beginning of the season and they were a little higher priced than I would have liked to pay.  So, with it being Labor Day, they put them on sale and I had an additional 10% off, so Bonus, I picked them up.  They are so much fun.  They are bright and cheery, I think and add a lot to the front porch. 

Church today was good.  It is fun when so many ask about you.  I love being able to tell them you are doing so well.  Colin said he follows the blog faithfully.  I was so glad.  I get up every Sunday morning and update with your weekly email and pictures.  And funny thing, today I had to help Doug with Natalie's blog.  I seriously should teach a class.  I helped his update hers, but then added pictures, and backgrounds and color, fonts and it looks fantastic.  They are so much fun.  I feel like it's more fun to go look at them if they are updated and change often. 

How's the work progressing.  Made me sad last week when you said what you said about people and talking about people and being faithful and such.  Today in YW's we had a lesson on Keeping the Commandments and we talked about how many there are.  And there are several, too many to list.  But, if you keep the commandments, you are happy.  It's just as simple as that.  And really they are not that hard to keep.  But, so many times you start breaking one small commandment and then it's easier to break more and more.  So, I hope you can find those people looking for true happiness.  They will listen to you when they see how happy you are.  That smile, will do the first talking for you.  I just know it. 

Well, I hope you have a wonderful week.  Your package is on it's way.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to you.  Hopefully, not too long.  Silly, as it is, I pray for those darn packages when they leave and until I hear you get them.  Oh, and what's the arrival of Elder Erwin.  Do you know when his Welcome Home is?  We definitely want to be there to hear him report his mission.

It's Labor Day tomorrow so it's a no work day, so we most likely will be able to chat with you when you're on.  I look forward to that. 

Love you so much son.  Be obedient, prayerful and diligent and you will find those looking for the light of the gospel...guaranteed.

Love and miss you...MOM
Here's his reply:

hello mom! Loved your letter. Cant wait to see the new chairs for the house. Yeah it all comes down to the commandments. but also just three things. pray read and go to church. this branch is super hard. all of the past presidents are inactive and so many are inactive. It is hard but we are still working. he goes home on Wednesday, I am not sure. you could talk to his mom. I bet it would be next week. There is a package for you guys as well with him. thanks for all you do for me! I just looked at the blog and it is awesome. there are actually a lot of pictures I have never seen! like the mtc ones and ones from trina.  Love Elder Clayton

Short but sweet, right?  But the pictures make up for it for sure.

 With the Deacon's and Teacher's Quorum
 The Deacon's Quorum
Cutting Elder Erwin's tie for his two year mark!


No comments:

Post a Comment