Caught on the Streets of Monterrey

Caught on the Streets of Monterrey
Watching...always Watching!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lost his Voice & a Visiting 70 with Late Start

You will see that he is settling in his new assignment and loves his new companion.  We have always taught how important it is to be on time and you will see that time is not important to the Spanish people.  Bridger said the exact same thing and how much he learned that he appreciated learning the value of being on time, too.  He seems to find good members, but they have a hard time with drinking...ha-ha.  I will also include the letters he sent to me.  Enjoy, he sounds so good and as always very happy, the pictures will show you that, too...

Hello everyone! This week was a good one! I lost my voice for 2 days though! I have never had that happen, so it kind was kind of bad, but it reminded me of my first few weeks out of the MTC when I couldnt speak anyway haha. So my comp is awesome, never a dull moment! He knows a lot of English so its a good time. On Tuesday we had a zone conference with our Mission President and that was amazing. We had a goal of 35 contacts for the week. Now we raised it up to 50! So we have to contact 50 people in the week. its fun talking to people though, you just hear the craziest stuff from people. It blows my mind every time. Oh and so in my ward, we start at 9 and we always start late and everyone arrives late. So this Sunday, all 4 of us are preparing the sacrament and our Mission President comes out of nowhere and tells us 6 stake presidents are here and a 70!! haha and that they are going to attend our meeting. so...that was funny. Starting late with a 70. Classy verdad? but it was all good. He spoke on the obra missional and that the members need to help out the missionaries. Oh and we found 2 new investigators. One, is a bit older, and he is super smart. He speaks very proper and wants to learn more, but drinks way too much. So we are working with him! Overall, we had a good week! Love you all!! 
--Elder Clayton

Hello Pal!  Well, today was a wonderful day.  We had a special stake conference.  It was unusual that we had a member of the 12 attend our Stake Conference.  Seventeen stake presidents, and bishops met with Elder Holland yesterday for a four hour meeting and leadership training.  Then he chose one stake to attend an it was ours.  We are so lucky and blessed.  We only knew for about four/five weeks that he was going to be here.  They opened the doors about 8:00 and said they wouldn't let you save seats so the plan was to leave our house about 7:40 and walk.  Well that went over like a lead balloon.  Caleb and Bridger were not happy about that.  They wanted if you were capable to walk to do so.  But, after they were a little late they did not want to walk so we drove.  We got there about 8:30 and the entire chapel and most of the gym was already full.  Unbelievable.  But it was ok.  It actually went by really quickly.  I was such a good meeting.  President Webster gave such a great talk, which he always does.  He is such a great man.  They had four people from the audience bear their testimonies, scary.  But, they did such a great job.  And then Elder Holland spoke for 45 minutes.  He was fantastic.  He gave such a great talk about giving a 10th of your life, or a tithe to the church.  So from age 12-22 which are the years that you make the biggest choices of your life.  The ones that will affect the rest of your life.  He talked about how he was the first one in his family who served a mission and how it was the thing that defines his life.  He remembers everything by where he was compared to his mission.  He is so great.  He had us all laughing one minute and in tears the next.  He gave left us with an apostolic blessing.  It was amazing.  The greatest part was so many of the things that we had been discussing with Bridger he addressed.  Then after the meeting he let any who wanted to go up and shake his hand.  So, I went up with Caleb.  it isn't everyday that you have the opportunity to shake an apostle of the Lord's hand.  And I love Elder Holland, who doesn't right?  
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/52/db/5c/52db5cfca8b55500099022da57a0a93a.jpg

Then we came home and just took it easy as it was only 1:00.  Bridger and Caleb watched the playoff games and then took a nap.  I updated your blog and worked on some camp stuff as I had a meeting tonight at 8:00.  I'm sure you know that Denver is in the Superbowl and so are the Seahawks.  I really like Peyton Manning so I will be cheering for the Broncos. 

I loved the pictures of you and your new companion.  You're quite the pair.  You look like they dynamic duo.  I hope you're finding success.  I was re-reading some of your emails and was wondering about that sister from the mall.  Is she going to the temple soon?  Will you be able to see her go through to take out her endowments?  How does that work?  I was hoping you would be able to do that, but not sure if they let you.  I pray every day that you will find someone to teach that will listen to your message.  You have such wonderful spirit about you and I'm sure they love your attitude and spirit.  Thank you so much for being so positive.  You are a great missionary and son.  I'm so proud of you and all you are doing. 

Oh, I totally forgot to ask you, did you get the package?  I tracked it and it said it was delivered.  I'm going to send your b-day package on Tuesday so is there anything you need?  Let me know so I can get it to you.  Can't believe you're going to be 20.  It should be able to get to you before your actual b-day, but I can't wait much longer. 

Well, it's a holiday here,  Human Rights Day, or Martin Luther King Day.  So, we will be home.  Hope to catch you on.  Love you so much pal. Have a great week.  Be safe and obey the rules and commandments.  Oh, btw.  Helaman 5:12 is my favorite scripture.  Maybe that is why it was so familiar to you.  I have always said as long as you have a strong foundation, come what may and you will be fine.

Love and miss you,

Mom

hello mom! just read your email. Thats so cool about Jeffery R holland. I read dads letter first and it sounded like he spoke to them at Dads work, I didn't understand he was at a stake conference. that's so cool. yeah what a blessing to hear from him. he is every missionary's favorite apostle. he is really special. I did get the package!! Thank you for everything inside, and the calendar!! it is hanging up on my desk. Oh and the sister that is going through the temple, it kind of sucks, but my last comp and I were working all of the ward, then two other missionaries came in, so we divided it again, so we took the side where there is less action...so most of my work went to the other elders. but it's okay. I have having a great time training my comp, he is awesome. Oh I forgot to tell you I finished the book Jesus the Christ a few weeks ago, soo good. I Loved it. just so much information about the life of our Savior.




No comments:

Post a Comment